Withholding Assent *#6*

Growin’ up in this world it’s kind of hard to be black,
Screamin’ “All Lives Matter” protests my protest what kind of shit is that,
Like your life is in jeopordy, Like you really can get me, Like routine stops by the cops ever weighed on you heavily,
Nahh...
Fuck that shit,
Can’t make it 6 feet without police tryna start some shit,
Judging me on my skin & Judging me by my blackeness,
Judging me in this Benz cuz I’m not suppose to have this
Sayin this kid is ignorant, Claimin’ that I’m belligerent, nothin but a degenerate, prolly shouldn’t have written this...
But it’s gotta be heard
On the subject of nigga, yeahh I get it’s a word
But see when we say it it’s love, & from you it’s a curse
My grandma worked the fuckin fields you don’t think that shit hurts
I’m sorry...
but I do this for her
Forced to sit on the curb cuz it’s a “reasonable” search
His partner can’t look me in the eye cuz he’s lost for words
And now I’m stuck driving home with “you just fit the profile sir”
Damn...
That shit’ll make you think
Could almost guarantee that you assume that I drink
Or smoke weed & get high
or maybe failing all my classes or just barely gettin by
“Ohh yeahh he’s prolly’ been to jail but I couldn’t tell you why”
He's just another black nigga but there’s more than meets the eye
When it comes to racial issues man I’m not one to shy
They say there’s two sides to every story & now atleast you know mine.

Comments

  1. wow, deep. That would make a great rap song. I really
    enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HP Prophecy

En Media Res *#5*

For The Future *#15*